CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns – Tulsa, OK
Beautiful Restorations in a Single Appointment
The traditional method for creating dental crowns necessitates that a dentist works with a trustworthy dental lab. Outsourcing crown creation can result in functional and strong restorations, but it has its drawbacks. Here at O’Brien Dental Wellness Center in Tulsa, we do things a little differently. We are proud to offer CEREC same-day dental crowns. We are often able to provide beautiful restorations in a single appointment! Get in touch with us today to learn more about advanced CEREC technology or to request an appointment.
Why Choose O’Brien Dental Wellness Center for CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns?
- Beautiful, Lifelike Materials
- Efficient and Comfortable Treatment
- Highly Accomplished Dentist
What Are CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns?
A crown is a tooth-shaped cap that covers the entire portion of a tooth that protrudes beyond the gumline. In most cases, the purpose of a dental crown is to restore the strength and function of a damaged tooth. It may be used in cases of significant decay, broken teeth, or severely worn-down teeth. Crowns can also be used for aesthetic purposes.
CEREC is an acronym that stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Aesthetic Ceramics. That sounds like quite a mouthful, but the basic concept is easy to understand. Essentially, CEREC technology allows us to design and fabricate your crown right here in our office in a matter of hours. It eliminates the need for us to rely on a local laboratory for crown creation.
The Process of Getting a CEREC Same-Day Dental Crown
The CEREC crown process starts when we prepare the tooth, usually by removing a bit of its enamel. This ensures that the crown will fit well beneath its restoration. Then, we use a digital scanner to capture an impression of your teeth. We simply have to move a wand-like device around your mouth — no goopy materials or uncomfortable impression trays are necessary!
Dr. O’Brien then uses advanced software to design your crown. The design gets sent to our in-house ceramic milling unit, which carves your restoration out of a single block of top-quality dental ceramic. After we verify that the crown meets our rigorous quality standards, we permanently attach it to your tooth.
Benefits of CEREC Crowns vs. Traditional Crowns
CEREC crowns offer some remarkable advantages:
- You will likely have to make just one trip to our dental office — CEREC technology is a big time-saver!
- No temporary crown. Temporary crowns can be uncomfortable, and they tend to stick out like a sore thumb. CEREC technology allows you to skip this part of the traditional crown process.
- Many patients dislike manual impressions. CEREC digital impressions are easy!
- Beautiful results. CEREC crowns look almost indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- The cost of CEREC crowns is often comparable to that of traditional restorations.
- CEREC crowns are just as durable as their traditional counterparts. Your restoration may last for 10 – 15 years or longer if it receives proper care.