Dental Crowns – Tulsa, OK
Beautiful and Strong Restorations for Damaged Teeth
If you have a decayed or damaged tooth, our Tulsa, OK, dental team might recommend that you receive a dental crown. This type of beautiful and strong restoration can renew your tooth’s structure, strength, and form — all without compromising your smile’s natural beauty. Read this page to discover some basic information about dental crowns, and give us a call if you would like to book a restorative dentistry consultation. We look forward to serving you!
Why Choose O’Brien Dental Wellness Center for Dental Crowns?
- Lifelike Ceramic Materials
- One-Visit CEREC Restorations Available
- Friendly & Empathetic Team
What Is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are sometimes referred to as “caps” because they cover the entire portion of a tooth that is visible above the gumline. They can be made out of various materials, including different types of metal. Here at O’Brien Dental Wellness Center, however, we favor the use of lifelike ceramics, such as Emax and zirconia. They blend in beautifully with the color and texture of natural teeth.
The purpose of a crown is to restore the strength, structure, and function of a damaged tooth. We often use them to repair decayed, broken, or worn-down teeth. They can also be used along with dental implants or as part of a bridge to replace missing teeth.
The Process of Getting a Dental Crown
The traditional process of getting a dental crown involves at least two dental appointments. First, the tooth is prepared via the removal of a bit of tooth enamel. Then, impressions are taken and a temporary crown is placed on the tooth while a laboratory fabricates a permanent restoration.
Here at O’Brien Dental Wellness Center, we do things a little differently. We have advanced CEREC technology that allows us to fabricate top-quality ceramic crowns right here in our office. This eliminates the need for coordination with a dental lab. Often, we are able to provide a permanent crown in a matter of just a few hours.
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
A dental crown can offer a number of benefits:
- Crowns can fortify damaged teeth and prevent the need for extractions.
- A crown can renew your ability to chew comfortably.
- With proper care, a crown may last for 10 – 15 years or longer.
- We carefully design crowns so they look and feel as natural as possible.
- Crowns are a versatile treatment that can be used to address a wide range of dental problems.
- It is easy to care for a dental crown. Thorough oral hygiene, regular dental visits, and other simple steps are all that are necessary to reduce the risk of damage to the crown and the underlying tooth.